Meerut : To ensure smooth traffic management during the Muharram processions on 29th July 2023, the authorities have announced strategic traffic diversions along Delhi Road, from Baghpat Stand Tiraha to Begum Pul and Zero Mile. The diversion will be in effect from 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM the next day.
In consideration of the various processions that will emanate from different locations, lighter vehicles will also be diverted from their usual route to accommodate the procession movement.
- For Buses from Delhi and Baghpat: Buses coming from Delhi and Baghpat, headed towards Baisali Bus Stand, will take a detour from Paratapur Bypass to Sardhana Flyover, then turn right towards Kankar Kheda and proceed via Lal Quarter Mod, Naincy Chauraha, Oghad Nath Mandir, Balaji Mandir Mod, West End Road, Guru Teg Bahadur, and finally reach Baisali Bus Stand.
- For Return Buses to Delhi, Ghaziabad, and Muzaffarnagar: Buses returning to Delhi, Ghaziabad, and Muzaffarnagar will follow the same route mentioned above in reverse.
- For Buses from Muzaffarnagar and Bijnor: Buses from Muzaffarnagar and Bijnor, bound for Garh and Hapur, will take a diversion from Zero Mile Chauraha, Commisioner Awas Chauraha, Jail Chungi, University, Tejgarhi Chauraha, and proceed to their respective destinations.
- For Return Buses to Meerut: Buses returning to Meerut will follow the same route mentioned above in reverse.
- For Buses from Delhi and Ghaziabad: Buses coming from Delhi and Ghaziabad, heading to Hapur Road, Garh Road, and Mawana Road, will take a detour from Paratapur Bypass Tiraha to Daily Jagran Chauraha (Shoprix Mall), then proceed via Bijli Bamba Bypass to reach their destinations.
Note: The No Entry will be in effect from 10:00 PM and remain effective till 2:00 AM on 29th July 2023.
The traffic diversion plan has been devised to ensure the safety and smooth movement of the Muharram processions. Commuters are urged to cooperate with the authorities and follow the diversion routes to avoid any inconvenience during this auspicious occasion.